Commissioning of examination services
FEES OF EXAMINATION SERVICES
PEC FAMILIARISATION VOYAGE
General information about PEC familiarisation voyages
A PEC familiarisation voyage is carried out in conjunction with a pilotage. If, during or at the start of the PEC familiarisation, the PEC instructor identifies any disturbance to the pilotage that would impede the conduct of the familiarisation, the familiarisation shall be rescheduled to a safe time. Such disturbances may include, for example, environmental conditions that would significantly impede safe navigation, or a technical failure of the vessel.
How to book a PEC familiarisation voyage
Advance notification of the order of a PEC familiarisation instructor must be made 48 hours before the familiarisation voyage. Contact Finnpilot’s Pilot Dispatch Centre of the area to or from whose port the ship is bound. See contact details of the Pilot Dispatch Centre>>
Pilotage is ordered according to Finnpilot’s Terms of Service. In addition, the following information must be included in the PEC familiarisation voyage order:
- name and contact details of the person to be familiarised
- the name of the vessel on which the PEC familiarisation voyage will take place
- the pilotage location or port of departure for the PEC familiarisation voyage
- estimated start time (ETA) of the PEC familiarisation voyage (arrival at pilot station or departure from port)
- route of the PEC familiarisation voyage
- billing information.
After ordering a PEC familiarisation voyage, the normal advance notifications and pilotage order must be submitted in accordance with the terms of service. Please indicate in the pre-notification and pilotage order that this is a PEC familiarisation voyage.
FAIRWAY KNOWLEDGE TEST
General information about the fairway knowledge test
The fairway knowledge test is ordered at least one week before the desired date. The date of the fairway knowledge test will be confirmed to the customer separately. The test can be carried out on board if a quiet area is available. Alternatively, the test may be held in a shore-based facility to be agreed separately.
How to order the fairway knowledge test
You can order a fairway knowledge test by contacting the Pilot Dispatch Centre of the area where the fairway to be tested is located. See the contact details of the Pilot Dispatch Centre >>
When ordering a fairway knowledge test, please provide the following information:
- the fairway for which the fairway knowledge test will be carried out
- the desired date and place of the test (e.g. on board)
- name and contact details of the person to be tested.
After placing the order, the recipient of the fairway knowledge test will contact the test provider by e-mail to make further arrangements for the test.
PRACTICAL PILOTAGE TEST
Note! The examiner will not pilot the vessel, any pilotage must be ordered separately.
How to order a practical pilotage test
The practical pilotage test must be booked at least one week before the desired date. You can book a practical pilotage test by contacting the Pilot Dispatch Centre of the area where the fairway where the test will take place is located. See the contact details of the Pilot Dispatch Centre >>
The following information must be provided when ordering a test:
- the vessel on which the test will be carried out
- the fairway on which the test is to be conducted
- estimated time of start of the test (ETA arrival at pilot station or estimated time of departure from port)
- name and contact details of the person to be tested
- billing address.
Note! The examiner does not pilot the vessel at the same time. The examiner’s order must indicate whether both an examiner and a pilot are required on board. If a pilot is also required to pilot the vessel, the pilotage order must be made in accordance with Finnpilot’s Terms of Service.
The time of the examination test will be confirmed to the customer separately by e-mail after the order has been placed.
SHIP SIMULATOR TEST
General information about the ship simulator test
The ship simulator test shall be carried out on simulators of an STCW approved simulator training institute providing simulator services. The candidate shall choose the educational institution where he/she wishes to take the test and, when placing the order, shall inform Finnpilot of the time and route(s) which the test is to be carried out on.
How to order a ship simulator test
You can order a ship simulator test by contacting the Pilot Dispatch Centre of the area where the fairway(s) in which the test is to be carried out are located. See the contact details of the Pilot Dispatch Centre >>
When ordering a ship simulator test, please provide the following information:
- vessel and fairway(s) to be used for the simulator test
- information about relevant ship radar and navigation equipment for booking a suitable simulator
- the educational establishment where the test will be conducted
- suitable time slots for the simulator test
- name and contact details of the person conducting the test
- the address for billing.
The date and booking of the simulator test will be confirmed to the simulator test taker by e-mail.